• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Wow, it's a whole new look!

Epyx

Hi everyone, I'm actually an old member of this board but since I haven't really posted in ages, I thought I should introduce myself here.

I joined the board back in late 2001, and I think I stopped posting a couple of years ago. I'm not sure why I stopped posting, but I suspect I sunk into depression for a while. Life is much much better these days and believe I have managed to put dysthymia and chronic depression behind me for good. I'll write my story up in the Long-term Experiences forum very soon.

It's great to be back, and hopefully I'll get to know most of you over the next few months.

Kelly: Love what you've done with the place :) The new vBulletin software is awesome, a marked improvement on the old forum software. Any chance of allowing custom avatars?

Epyx

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Epyx,

Well I just wanted to say in public welcome back! It's great to see you around here again. As for the forum software, I've updated your registration date to Dec 3, 2001 and your post count... and I've just enabled the ability to upload custom avatars. I should have upgraded to vBulletin years ago, but at least it's done now.

Looking forward to seeing you write something in the Experiences section. Take your time, no pressure... just nice to see you back.

Kelly

David

LONG TIME no see!!

Epyx!!

Great to see that you're still about!

I haven't been a particularly frequent visitor to this site myself for the last few years, but I remember with great fondness those debates back in 2001 - 2003!!

Wonderful to see that you've managed to overcome the depression! I still suffer occassionally, but less than previously. Still taking SJW on-and-off aswell!

I shall have to add to your other thread when I get time to write up a (likely fairly lengthy) update.

Welcome back!!

Cheers!

David

hopeful

hi epyx

I am new member and been taking perika sjw for about 4 weeks. Haven't seen much improvement though. Hoping to feel considerably better by the end of 6 weeks!!!! Anyway, I am very interested in hearing your story on how you beat depression, what you did along the way, what did you do when going got tough e.g feeling extra depressed, angry, frustrated etc... and anything else you want to tell me especially because I don't really see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe it's premature to expect anything yet but I've seen people say that they see a differnece in a week or so. You can look at my posts in the introduction, first 45 days and Q & A sections. Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Thanks!!
hopeful

Epyx

David: Fantastic to touch base with you again after so much time! I am really looking forward to seeing your update. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well.

Hopeful: Check out my post in the Experiences section. I've tried to keep it from turning into a Tolstoy novel, so it might not have quite as much detail as you want.

I think the big lessons I learned were to be patient and never give up. You will fall in a hole many times during your recovery. The trick is to be kind to yourself and accept that you will fall down many times.

I can't stress enough the importance of exercise, fresh air and light. Get outside for a few minutes each day and get your limbs moving.

Lastly, I think there is a lot to be said about CBT (i.e. counselling). It will cost money, and you may need to try half a dozen counsellors, but the right therapist can change your life.

Epyx

hopeful

trying

I haven't checked out your post in the exp. section yet but I will.
I don't give up easily once I decide to commit to something. That's why I am sticking with sjw for full 6 weeks eventhough it's not working. you mentioned falling down many times before being successful but in order to fall down, you have to be UP first. I feel like I am always down and nothing has made me get up yet! as far as exercise and getting out, I am very commited to working out 3 times a week and i am not really indoors so much where I could be considered light-deprived for a lack of a better term. Now, counseling is a different issue. Actually, i think I need a psychiatrist I don't think I am in a position to get that right now or in the near future.