• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Will I ever feel better

Hi everybody,
I want to start out first by giving you a little background on what my depression is about. I am a mother of 4 that was recently dumped for another woman. and now going thru a custody batle. I feel terrible, I have lost 35 pounds. I cry over him all the time and feel soo alone. I dont know how to go on. I have a mortgage and feel nobody else would want me because of the kids. Dont worry I havent have any suicidal feelings at all and I love my kids deeply but how do I go on by my self. I've been taking SJW for 1 day how long does it take to kick in and start to make you feel better. I just feel like theres a big hole inside

Well, my gosh, you certainly have reason for feeling down. I'm so sorry for the situation you now face.

I've only been on SJW for two weeks, and I've not noticed any lasting changes. That doesn't mean much, however, because as I've read through these threads, it seems some people experience almost immediate relief, some only after six weeks or more, while others have to try different products. My impression is that everyone is so different so there's no way to tell how anyone will react.

It seems to me, though, that if you've lost thirty-five pounds, you might want to talk to a doctor, because that sounds extreme. I don't know how long it took you to lose that weight, but from what little I know of weight loss, it should be a slow but gradual loss. How is your health other than that and the emotional upset you are feeling?

I'm sorry that I don't have any concrete information for you. I did want you to know that your post was read and I wanted to send you some moral support. You'll get through this. It's just a matter of finding your way. Don't give up yourself. Even if you can't seem to find a reason, you've got those children who need you, and they're reason enough to do your best to get the help you need. Please take care.

Hang in there!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} first of all!

I wish I had an answer for when you'd feel better. I was in that hole for so long I thought I'd never see the light of day.

I'm on day 13 of the SJW and I feel so much better. I think it took 4 or 5 days before I realized I didn't feel such despair anymore. But from reading here it doesn't seem that any one person reacts the same way.

For your sake (and everyone who starts taking SJW!) I hope that it works as fast for you as it did for me.

Thanks for the hug cause I really need one.

I know it seems stupid what I am depressed about, But thank you both for your encouraging words. I truly hope that SJW works. I wanted to wait another week or two to see the doctor and perhaps get some Zoloft. I have a friend that is going through the same exact thing I am and that is what she has recomended. When either of you started SJW, did you have moments in the day where you feel fine and then all of a sudden feel down again. I have those up and down moods. Its like Im Ok for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden BAM I'm feeling worthless and down for another hour and then back up again. I'm taking that as a sign that the SJW is trying to work. Again Thank You. I truly appreciate the encouragement.:rosiecheeks:

Well, I don't think your reasons for feeling depressed are stupid at all. Not at all. You've got to stop telling yourself that. What you are going through is extremely rough, and there isn't anyone who wouldn't have a difficult time adjusting to all that you are. First things first: lighten up on yourself.

As for me, I've had strange and vivid dreams. I don't know if SJW has made me feel fatigued because that's one of my most vexing symptoms right now. I honestly couldn't tell you if it has exacerbated that problem. Over the weekend, I felt a bit better, but it could have been any of several factors contributing to that: more exercise than I was used to, beautiful weather, things going well at home with my family, being busy? I don't know. I do know that by Monday, I was a physical mess, with lots of body aches and a general feeling of yuck (for lack of better way to word it). I have been pretty sick since late Jan with a virus that doesn't seem to let up, so I really just don't know right now what is causing what. Even at two weeks, I think it's just too soon to tell, and I'm definitely willing to give this some time to work.

As for you, feeling up then down? Your situation is probably causing that. I highly doubt that one dose, or one day, is going to cause such marked effects. I could be wrong. Try to give it some time. And if you don't start to feel better within a month or six weeks, I'd seriously consider seeing your doctor and trying some rx for a while, just until you can get back to feeling somewhat normal. But even then, consider that divorce can keep people off kilter for long, long periods of time.

I wish you all the best. Please be kinder to yourself, okay?