• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Welcome to the new forum...

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's been about 19 years since I started the site and here I am in September 2016 installing new forum software -- the fifth major version change through the life of the website. Somehow I've managed to keep all the many posts about people's experiences, including some powerful and deeply emotional stories of courage and healing. I'm still here through all the changes and the many ups-and-downs of the forum. Everyone's account remains intact too, you just have to reset your password to get access to it.

For a short while I had shut down the forum and wrote that it was closed permanently, but I soon regretted that decision. Very quickly after shutting down the board I received two emails telling me that it was still helpful and they were asking me to bring it back. I invested significant money and spent many, many hours working to get the new forum running and convert all the old messages into the new system. It wasn't easy. But it's done.

I hope new people join the site and help each other, and I hope old members haven't abandoned the site completely and come back from time-to-time to see what's new. I will NOT have a heavy-hand in moderating this site. I just want it to be a friendly place where people can interact and learn from each other.

Here is a new logo I created for the forum. It was created using ArtText 3 on a Mac in literally just a few minutes:

Attachments

Last edited:

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Please join the forum! It's easy, just sign up, wait for the email and click on the link inside to confirm your account.

You can interact with other people, ask questions and share information.

we-can-beat-depression.png

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
You can completely change the look of the forum. I have installed three different styles (themes) for the forum, just click the link at the bottom left of the page to change it. Not everyone might want a dark or light coloured theme. Personally I like the dark theme lately, it's easier on my eyes late at night when I'm often reading.

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
This kind of sums up why I started this site almost 20 years ago...

There is still so much to experience in life!

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
I changed the default color style here from the dark Late Night theme to a normal white background style again. Personally I really like the dark style of the forum because I often read at night and it's easier on my eyes. Below is a screenshot of the Late Night theme.

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 11.08.39 PM.png