• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Two weeks in, hi from Australia..

Hi, Im Kristian, a 31 year old male from Australia.
A little over 2 weeks ago I suffered a panic attack at work, by the time I got to the local ER I was struggling to breathe, my heart was racing and I felt like I was about to drop dead.
This was the 3rd time this has happened in the past year and a half, I lost my Father rather unexpectedly about 2 weeks before the first attack, as per my previous visits to the ER I checked out fine, apart from being obviously a little over weight and out of shape and a heavy smoker I am quite fine.
I do have negative thoughts and social anxiety, I have also displayed signs of OCD although undiagnosed or tested.
The Dr said I was very wound up, anxious and intense, he has referred me to a GP that I have an appointment with next month.
My Mother suggested I go on some sort of meds for depression, many in her side of the family had issues with depression and suicide, she also takes a daily pill that blows her mind and makes her tolerable.

I started taking SJW the day after I left the hospital, the local brand is Herron SJW 1800, I had no idea how many to take so I just went by the sticker, 1x 3 times daily, 60 tabs for $14.95 AUD.

I felt good almost right away, I put it down to "doing something good for myself" after a few days I felt a little stoned, very sleepy, but energetic in small burst's, I also had a little headache that would not go away and felt a little raw after spending an hour in the sun, I also had some really crazy dreams the first few days, Im glad they stopped.

I know this might sound weird, but for the first time in as long as I can remember I smiled at myself in a mirror at work tonight and my dogs get excited when they hear me shake my SJW bottle, they think its fish oil tablet time. I have 2 Maltese cross pups and yes, they fight over fish oil tablets.

So 2 weeks down I feel quite normal, for the first time in a long time, I chat with people at work, don't just mumble at them, I dont freak out at the thought of walking into the lunch room and I just feel a lot more focussed.

I also post really long threads in forums, good luck all, some great reading here I will keep my success updated here.