• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

TMG as a much less expensive alternative to samE

I saw a thread here on this same topic, and when I was looking through iherb's search engine for samE, I found that a number of people had written in the customer comments that TMG, as well as methionine, works like samE. So I did a google search and found this article. It's written by Hyla Cass (some people like her, others don't). She has some of the same info here regarding TMG and samE.

samE can be very expensive, so I thought I would pass this along so that anyone who is taking samE and finding it too expensive would have access to this info.

http://life.familyeducation.com/mental-health/social-emotional/35988.html?page=3

Also, I've found plenty of information saying that it's okay to mix SJW with samE. This is my next step, since I"ve been on SJW for five weeks now, and the most notable effects I've had are fatigue, even lowering the dose to 1 tablet of Perika per day.

VerityMac

That is very interesting to me Bellekelle ! I have been wanting to try SAM-e for some time now and it is expensive, especially in the UK. I must do some more research into TMG (trimethylglycine) . If any one has any further info on this I'd be extremely grateful for your input !

i never did try the TMG alternative, so I can't give you any info on that. I can tell you, however, that ordering iherb.com makes this supplement a lot cheaper.

I just very recently went back to using sam-e (as in the past week). Instead of blowing my system away with 1400-1600 mgs a day, which gave me terrible stomach problems, I'm taking just 800 mgs (source naturals brand or jarrow) and I think it's doing the trick.

Of course, I could be wrong too. I started to feel depressed, horrifyingly anxious, etc, when I had two of the most stressful months I can remember in ages and was severely sleep-deprived. I think I caught up on my sleep now, and I'm still feeling very tired, but not that awful "I'm so tired, but I can't sleep and I'm freaking out with anxiety" kind of tired. Now, it's just normal tired I'm feeling, since forcing myself to unplug the phone and blow off what had seemed like such important things to get done.

Sam-e is not that expensive if you order online. You can try the TMG route, based on what people there are saying, and if so, I'd love to hear how it's going for you.

take care.

VerityMac

Thanks Bellekelle, I may try the TMG if I can get it online in the UK. Is iherb.com a US firm ? I'd still like to try sam-e but am afraid of having really bad side effects and wasting money ! I buy all herbs and supplements etc online it is almost always much cheaper.
Hope you can sort out what works for you ! I'll let you know if I do try the TMG !