• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Starting with SJW

I have been feeling really blah here lately; crying unexpectedly, anxiety attacks, just generally not good. I do NOT want to go on an anti-depressant. A doctor gave me a prescription for xanax (the smallest dosage you can get), and I take that from time to time, but I really don't like the fact that I have it. (I'm a middle school English teacher, so I think the reasons for needing some sort of help are pretty obvious, ha!)

My main question is: How long will it take before I start to notice a change?

I went supplement crazy today and got a multi-vitamin, some B-12, flax seed oil, melatonin, and SJW. I'm determined to do this as naturally as possibly. I haven't taken anything yet, but I'm def. going to take some melatonin tonight so I can sleep.

Any information would be great! Thanks~

G

I've been taking SJW for the past 4 months now. It started working within two weeks at least, and it's made quite a difference in my life. I've always suffered from anxiety, but this past year, I was downright depressed. Nothing excited me anymore, and I would have been perfectly content to stay in my room all day, and I was starting to neglect my job. I, like you, wanted to avoid anti-depressants at all costs, so I did some research and found this site! I was encouraged by everyone's stories, so I bought a large container of SJW and started taking 2-3 pills per day. It's not like I'm on cloud 9 all the time - certainly not. But I don't have the looming gloom in my life, nor do I dwell on issues for a long time. I'm rather indifferent to negative emotions now. SJW has been a tremendous help. Oh, and those anxiety attacks? With the exception of one unusual night, there has been no sign of any to come :) It was a quick help in my life, and I'll continue taking it for a long time.