• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Started taking SJW 6 days ago...

jm074

Hi! my name is Jennifer, and I have just started taking st john's wort 6 days ago(Sunday) I came across this website on Monday, and I have followed the advice of Kelly and have started taking it an hour before I go to bed, because it was making me feel a little drowsy. It seems to help me sleep better. I have been dealing with depression since I was 15 years old. I was hospitalized when I was 17 for major depression. I stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks. I have never taken any medication for depression. I'm too freaked out at what the prescription medication might do to me. In the past year or two, I have been noticing that my depression symptoms have been getting worse, so I have started taking St John's Wort. I am taking one 900mg capsule a day, right before bed. I know it is too early to probably notice any change in my feelings. I do, however, notice that it has quieted me down a little. It's too early to really say too much about any real change yet. I am hoping it helps me stabilize my moods. I'm willing to be patient. A year ago, I told my family doctor that I was having problems with depression, and he said he could prescribe me an anti-depressant. I told him I am scared of the side effects that those have. I can't ignore the symptoms anymore though, so hoping that this will help me.:)

wanderer

Yeah I have been dealing with Depression around your age too. I also refuse taking any Antidepressants due to the cr*p that comes with it. So I try STW and others now.