• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Social Anxiety

butty

Hi again,

I think I suffer with social anxiety especially when I am at work, I work in an office as a manager & i sometimes can't get in to a conversation with anyone, I start to feel uneasy & my stomach starts to get up tight & the adrenelin starts to pump which increases my heart rate. I am trying to control all these, but is any one else who suffers the same type of thing ?
what could I take to help ? I have started to take SJW will that help?

Many thanks

Apollon

Hi there,

it sounds indeed like some kind of social related anxiety.
I am experiencing more or less the same symptoms, just as you described them. Even more whith women.
I must say that i cannot categorize for sure what kind of anxiety i have, but i think this is of minor importance.

I tried for many many years without any medication, to gain control over those feelings (in combination with cognitive therapy). Since 23. Now i am 38.
I'm sorry to confess that i personally am helpless against my anxiety! Why?
Because there is a ****... trapp there. Be aware! The more i forced anxiety symptoms to ''not take controll'' over my behavior and my thoughts, the more i shifted to the depression side!
Now i know that I have never managed to reduce those anxiety feelings, no matter how hard or in differend ways and ''tricks'' i have tried.
What i have accomplished is to act and behave in a political correct and normally way so ohters wouldn't notice my anxiety... BUT the prise i have paid for that was Depression!

Since then i loosen up against medications, i accepted that my power over biology is humble and limited and welcomed some extra help from sjw.
Thinks are going better now

Apollon

Yeah SJW is really helping me overall. Today I was so much more relaxed, and in control, and felt like talking to people as a result.