• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Resistance to active ingredients

I've noticed that almost everyone here, when taking a supplement, gets some get kind of reaction, good, bad or ugly.

I seem to have a very high tolerance to active ingredients. I kinda think it has to do with the Brain blood barrier. No matter what I take, supplements barely have an affect me - rhodiola, l-tyrosine, DLPA, 5htp, valerian. Just to give you guys an idea, I was on 4g of rhodiola ( a total 24mg of rosavins) to actually feel something. As you can imagine, my wallet isn't big enough to take that amount of supplements on a regular basis.

The same goes for alcohol. I drink and drink (socially) and at the end of the night, I'm the only sober one that has to carry people around back to their houses. Once I drank 4 pints of beer, 2 chalices of port, 2 gin and tonics, and ended the night with 2 and half bottles of wine and I was still sober enough to walk 2 miles home, brush my teeth and get into bed.

Is this normal???