• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Perika Efficacy (bottle to bottle)v

For somewhere around eight years I have been taking the Nature's Way Perika brand SJW. Often, when switching between bottles of this same brand, I have recently noticed that I can feel a dip in mood-usually within approximately one day or so. What I have conjectured from this variation is that there must be superior batches of Perika which I may respond to differently than others. Typically, this dip in mood is accompanied by a slightly agitated/ depressed feeling, which is then remedied by opening another bottle (of Perika), until the feeling is gone. (Usually this feeling disappears again within one pill of a working blend of Perika.) If i have purchased this from a chain vitamin shop, I will often just return the bottle and ask for a different one.

In the past, I have tried other brands of SJW, like HBC or Kira, which did not work for me. When the Perika brand is working well, the effect is unrivaled. I do not understand what this dip in efficacy could be. If my life may happen to be fairly routine, with other minor variables involved (e.g. low stress level at work, etc.), I cannot help but relate this dip to the medication specifically. I was wondering if anybody had any further input or experience with this.

This is an interesting question...I've been on SJW for several months now. But, I still have some depression, and major insomnia at times. But, my anxiety/panic is much lower. I'm assuming SJW is helping. I'm also taking Perika. Not sure I've notice a difference between bottles, but also have mood dips during the day, but they happen like every day, mostly around lunch or between 4-5pm. And those feelings can be agitated/anxious/depressed kinda feelings which can be alleviated for the most part with some Kava or Gaba, etc... I was tested as having low DHEA, since supplementing with DHEA, these dips seemed to be much less and i actually feel better after eating.... So, my dips might have been insulin/blood sugar/energy dips, caused by hormone issues. It does make me wonder since I did start a new bottle of Perika SJW a week or so ago........

I should ask, how long did it take you to find good relief from Perika SJW? I know everyone is different....I've been on it for several months now but still don't feel normal yet.....I know it can take a long time for some, but some get relief within days/weeks of starting SJW. I guess it depends on how low your Neurotransmitters are, etc....

Soccer Dude said:
This is an interesting question...I've been on SJW for several months now. But, I still have some depression, and major insomnia at times. But, my anxiety/panic is much lower. I'm assuming SJW is helping. I'm also taking Perika. Not sure I've notice a difference between bottles, but also have mood dips during the day, but they happen like every day, mostly around lunch or between 4-5pm. And those feelings can be agitated/anxious/depressed kinda feelings which can be alleviated for the most part with some Kava or Gaba, etc... I was tested as having low DHEA, since supplementing with DHEA, these dips seemed to be much less and i actually feel better after eating.... So, my dips might have been insulin/blood sugar/energy dips, caused by hormone issues. It does make me wonder since I did start a new bottle of Perika SJW a week or so ago........
I guess if I start having these kinds of dips again after a starting a new bottle of SJW, then I will know where it came from! Thanks for sharing your experience could be helpful to me in the future....