• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

One Year on St. John?s Wort

I have suffered from depression for most of my life. Finally, I decided to seek professional help at a very low point in my life. I didn?t have the funds to consult a doctor at the time?this I was grateful for later. So, I looked on the web for natural, inexpensive treatment. Soon, I ran into the subject of St. John?s Wort and this Kelly website. I had taken St. John?s Wort capsules before for a few days or so, without effect, but now I began to consider it seriously, doing the research. I chose the Perika brand.

On the second day of taking Perika, my life changed. I got up early, went to the bathroom, washed my face, opened the curtains and turned on the lights. I felt alive! I thought of going out. Then I felt like having breakfast. All of this may seem normal to most people, but for me it was it was rare. I called it my rebirth.

Over the year, I have had difficulties with St. John?s Wort due mainly in finding the right dosage and time for me. I think this varies from person to person.
I started with the recommended 3 tabs a day. I did this for 3 weeks, and it was mostly great, but I began getting drowsy at first in the mornings and then later in the day, so I reduced it to 2 a day. Over the next 9 weeks, I eventually came down to 1 a day in the morning?I kept a record. I had tried different dosages at different times of the day. The side effects were mainly continued drowsiness, tiredness, sleepiness during the day, and affected sleep at night.

After 6 months on 1 Perika in the morning, I began to notice that I was having vivid, disturbing dreams like action movies at night. I would awake exhausted. So, I decided to try the Kira brand. I had tried it before for almost a week. The effect then was negative, mainly grogginess after sleep and less energy. Nevertheless, I decided to give it another try, Perika was not so great over time.
In 2 days to my delight, Kira was doing fine. I was still having vivid dreams, but they were not as strong. I observed too that Kira did not have a vague mental suppression that Perika had. Kira lets me retain more of my former self without the depression. However, I have yet to see the long-term effects of Kira.

I am now down to half, yes half a Kira a day after breakfast. I bought a pill splitter. I am not having the excessive dreams with half. I don?t get depressed as I did for so many years.
Recently, I thought I might be cured, so I stopped taking St. John?s Wort for 5 days. On the fifth day, I began to feel the old depression symptoms returning.

I am enjoying other benefits from using St. John?s Wort. I used to get headaches. I rarely get them now. My general health is stronger too.

I want to thank Kelly for this website. He is doing a great service to many people. Depression robs people of so much in life.