• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

New and advice

Hi all

I'm new to the forum, and to SJW, after a brief and unpleasant brush with Prozac.

I've received the Healthspan SJW tablets, which are 300mg containing 900mcg of Hypercin. I'm confused as to whether or not these are the "one a day" ones referred to previously, or if these are the 300mg tablets that should be taken three times daily. Can someone advise? I'd rather not take too many! Also, what does happen if you take too many? I took three today before I realised that these may be the one a day ones...should I not take any for a few days to allow for that? Will there be any detrimental side effects?

Many thanks in advance,

Strawberry. x

strawberry;10854 said:
Hi all

I'm new to the forum, and to SJW, after a brief and unpleasant brush with Prozac.

I've received the Healthspan SJW tablets, which are 300mg containing 900mcg of Hypercin. I'm confused as to whether or not these are the "one a day" ones referred to previously, or if these are the 300mg tablets that should be taken three times daily. Can someone advise? I'd rather not take too many! Also, what does happen if you take too many? I took three today before I realised that these may be the one a day ones...should I not take any for a few days to allow for that? Will there be any detrimental side effects?

Many thanks in advance,

Strawberry. x
Hiya Strawberry,

You can take up to three-per-day of the Healthspan SJW. For some reason that has never been completely clear, the dosage advice on UK-marketed SJW tends to be much more conservative than that produced everywhere else in the world. In most countries, standard-strength 300mg SJW tablets, containing 900mcg hypericin, are indicated as 'up to three-per-day'. For some unknown reason in the UK, as often as not, the same strength tablets are marketed as 'one-per-day'.

The answer is you can go up to three per day if you need to, but it is probably better to start on one per day and gradually work up to three over 2-3 weeks if you so require.

Side effects vary. Most people experience very few, if any. A minority experience some side effects, but these are usually of a minor nature. See how you get on. If you find yourself experiencing any unpleasant side effects you should discontinue.

Good luck,

Sheephead.