• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Kava Kava for anxiety

CatK

Hello. I've been on Perika 900mg/day for 7 months. It has helped my moderate depression tremendously. I just wanted to let those with situational anxiety know that Kava Kava worked great for me today. I get very anxious when I walk into a doctor's office (no good reason, just an irrational fear or phobia in my case). Today I took 225 mg. Kava (Gaia herbs) 1.5 hours before my appointment. Normally I have terrible facial flushing and a nervous neck rash. Today there was no flushing or neck rash. I just felt calm. Wonderful!! I suspect this would work well for me also in an interview situation or at a party. Otherwise, I generally don't have anxiety that interferes with my life and don't want to take this daily (liver issues?). By the way, I also take a B complex with my St John's every day, and I believe that the combo has greatly increased my energy.
I was so elated with the results that I just had to share. Blessings to you!

Cat

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cat,

Just thought I'd say welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about your experiences. Cheers,

Kelly