• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Just off Zoloft, SJW ?

Paulette

Hello. I just spent the last 6 months tapering off Zoloft. I also have adrenal exhaustion issues, so have related symptoms of anxiety and depression.

First question: Can the side effects of coming off the Zoloft, cause excess anxiety?

Second: I had my serotonin levels tested (via Blood plasma) 2 times the past year and both were extremely low. But,I've read that the plasma testing is not very accurate, compared to "Platelit" test. I will see about this.
THird: I have been experimenting with Positive Thoughts-(5-HTP with Folic acid and someTheanine. Only 25mg. dissolved under tonuge several times a week. Notice some improvment, But,I also get headache.

Last- to start on SJW? I did start on Kira only 300mg. once a day while at the last of my Zoloft taper, but by suggestions, I decided to quit SJW till I was completely off the Zoloft. So, I'm even considering going back on the Zoloft, (but, have issues about this as I took such an extent coming off it.)
I was doing ok on it, good the first 5 years, than, downhill. Guess after 10 years, it wasn't working anymore, would you say? Since my serotonin levels were so low.

What to expect : If I start on the Kira? I still have the two boxes I bought several months ago. Maybe will continue on this, starting at one a day? ( with food,? morning or night?)
I've also heard some good about Perika (? spelling)
Should I finish the Kira up, can one make an easy switch over to Perika without problems?

and long term, how long can one stay on SJW? Can it wear off over time, or cause other issues, side effects? How longdoes it take to build up for anxiety and depression relief?
Can one, say after a year or so, once feeling good,cut back a bit on the dose and take one (300mg.) a day without having side effects?

Thanks, I'm at a real struggle, deciding point. Anxiety is a symptom, I hope SJW can help with too.
Paulette

PauletteView Public ProfileSend a private message to PauletteSend email to PauletteFind all posts by PauletteAdd Paulette to Your Contacts

PauletteView Public ProfileSend a private message to PauletteSend email to PauletteFind all posts by PauletteAdd Paulette to Your Contacts