• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Four Days and Tickin..

I'm on my fourth day of Perika 300mg x 3 daily. I feel like straight up poop. I am way more depressed than when I started taking this stuff. I am going to tough it out but this is sucky.

Day 5 - I dropped down to 2 a day and have noticed a drastic change. I did not think this would be necessary as I am a big boy..230 lbs.

I dont feel anchored down, depressed, with massive anxiety like yesterday. I actually am getting stuff done today and feel *kinda* good. Like its on its way or something.

I really hope this works.. I have been depressed for over 15 years. Hopeful at the moment.

I started May 15, 2018 so it has been 15 days for me at 600 mg a day (300 mg after breakfast and another 300 mg during late afternoon) and I haven’t noticed an improvement in my mood. I’ve read that I should give it at least 6 weeks. I guess I’m impatient. I’m a slim guy, 137 # so I think I should stay at this dose instead of the recommended full dose of 900 mg a day. Can someone offer his or her thoughts?

Ramon what brand are you taking? If you are taking Perika I would suggest you try only 300mg at your weight since you are almost 100 lbs less than me. I usually require a higher dose than normal with other meds.

Ramon, you could also try to only take one tablet 300mg for one day only and then go back to two the following day and see how that helps. Since its basically a reverse of when you took that one extra and it started causing you problems. Your brain may be over-saturated with the drug and needs a little break. This is what happened to me for sure.

Hi Waggz, thanks so much for responding quickly. I feel desperate not getting any response when I need it most. I’m taking Perika standardized to 2% hyperforin. I just want to take it at the dose where I can get the maximum benefit without taking too much either. I’m concerned that if I only take 300 mg that it won’t be effective. But I don’t want to take 900 mg a day either since I think that would be too much for my body weight.

Just do this Ramon. Only take one today or tomorrow and see how you feel. Please do this and then let me know how you feel by midday tomorrow. If you feel worse then you can continue with two. I have a hunch that you will get this boost of energy and feel better if you only take one as did I. I still have not taken my second dose today and I feel great.

This test will be a confirmation to tell you if 600mg is indeed too much. If the test does not work you can always go back to taking two and then you should try upping the dose to 3 and test the same way.

I will try your suggestion about only taking one tablet (300mg) a day starting today. It’s not that I was having any side effects from taking 2 tablets (600 mg) a day or feeling more depressed. I’m okay with it so far for the past 15 days. It’s just that I have not yet felt a lift in my mood. Maybe it’s too soon for me to expect any improvement at this time.

I will try your suggestion about only taking one tablet (300mg) a day starting today. It’s not that I was having any side effects from taking 2 tablets (600 mg) a day or feeling more depressed. I’m okay with it so far for the past 15 days. It’s just that I have not yet felt a lift in my mood. Maybe it’s too soon for me to expect any improvement at this time.
Ramon I know what you mean. We humans usually quantify more quantity with more better feeling.. but in this case it was less quantity that had the better feeling.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that you feel some changes by going down to one. If not then the next step is trying 3. :)

Ramon I know what you mean. We humans usually quantify more quantity with more better feeling.. but in this case it was less quantity that had the better feeling.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that you feel some changes by going down to one. If not then the next step is trying 3. :)
Thank you for taking time to respond and I appreciate all your input. I’m trying to stay hopeful.