• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Dosage (making sure i'm doing it right!)

Hi all,

I've maybe read too much info online googling "st john's wort over dose" but i'm realy fearful that i might take too much.

I've noticed an uplifted mood even on 1 tablet a day, but still have a few downs, but today i took another at lunch as i always get a really low mood just after lunch for some reason. Well i felt dizzy, light headed and the afternoon i felt spaced out, but so very happy and content! it felt like the dose i should be taking, I loved it, and i want to do it again tomorrow, but without some reassurance that i'm safe to do i'm not sure i will.

I'm currently taking St John's Wort with the following nutritional information :
0.3% Hypericin - 317mg (equivalent to 1583mg-2216mg of St John's Wort) Hypericum Perforatum L dry extract.

With all this talk about extracts and equivalent mg of SJW it's really hard to know if i'm within a safe dose or if i'm on the brink of od'ing .

Any help, should i be taking 3x317mg in order to feel the full benifit?

I know there are some simular posts around but with differnt weights / substances i wanted to created a new topic, i hope that's ok :)

Many Thanks