1. Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.
    Dismiss Notice

does SJW cause cataracts

Discussion in 'General discussion on depression and SJW' started by Lenore, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Lenore

Lenore New Member

I have been experiencing a kind of a film that will come over my left eye,
    not all the time but several times a day. I do have a sinus condition right now and it is plugged on my left side , which is the same eye that has the film occuring. I am taking antibiotics and I am going to go and get my eyes checked out when I am finished the antibiotics, incase the film has something to to with my sinus. It seems to me that I read somewhere, that SJW could cause cataracts. I would appreciated any information any has on this.
    Thanks = Lenore :rolleyes:

2. Psyc 2

Psyc 2 New Member

Lenore;

I'm not an MD but I don't think a cataract can come and go like you describe. Once it's there, it's there unless surgically removed. Probably more related to your allergies and eye secretions. You should have your Dr check it out though just to be on the safe side.

3. Lenore

Lenore New Member

St. Johns wort and cataract

I am probably not doing this right, but I wanted to thank Psyc for his reply to my question and you are right that is exactly what the doctor said when I went to him " It is not cataracts as they don't come and go:". He said it is a floater, which I have had in my eyes but never as big as this. I have an appointed to get my eyes examined this week with a eye doctor. Thanks again - Lenore :glasses: