• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Coming off Prozac

Hello!

I have been taking 40 MG of Prozac for about six months and recently decided that I wanted to try something non-habit forming and OTC to help with my mild anxiety. I have worked my way down to 10 MG a day and plan to be off completely by the end of the week. My question is: Is it best to wait two weeks to start taking SJW? What is the recommended time gap if any? I don't want to kill over by switching too soon but I can't seem to find any real support that I am comfortable with. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Faith

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

I have been taking 40 MG of Prozac for about six months and recently decided that I wanted to try something non-habit forming and OTC to help with my mild anxiety. I have worked my way down to 10 MG a day and plan to be off completely by the end of the week. My question is: Is it best to wait two weeks to start taking SJW? What is the recommended time gap if any? I don't want to kill over by switching too soon but I can't seem to find any real support that I am comfortable with. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Faith
Hi Faith! I don't think you need to wait two weeks. Some people start SJW while they're still weaning off their prescription med and it seemed to work fine. I don't think there's a rule either way, and generally don't want to make the time gap too difficult. Most important is to never stop taking a prescription med abruptly as it can really make you feel awful. Here's hoping the SJW, or any other OTC solution you try, works great for you!