1. Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancer caused my depression.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself anonymously' started by paul carr, May 18, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

1. paul carr

paul carr New Member

My depression started about 20 years ago after my dad died of cancer, I was 42 at the time and this sent me into a real low.
    About 10 years later I was diagnosed with prostate cancer which I had removed before it was able to spread beyond the prostate gland. About 5 years later my Mum also died of cancer .
    Three years later my lovely wife of 39 years died of bowel cancer that had Metastasized to her liver.
    The next couple of years were hell, I suffered a deep depression started drinking, smoking and not getting on at all.
    Last year I moved closer to my son and his family, started exercising and eating healthier, I also stopped the cigs and cut back the drinking.
    This has all helped however I am still feeling low so today taken my first SJW, just hope it works. I will report back in a few weeks