• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Brands and dosage that you're on? by jdringer (1 reply) - Mar 14, 2001

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Topic Title: Brands and dosage that you're on?

jdringer

"Brands and dosage that you're on?" , Wednesday 14 Mar 11:07 Hi from Arizona. I'm new to this. Just found this board. I am currantly weaning off ZOloft. Am now down to 15 mg. day. At what point can I start incorporating St. Johns Wort? And what's the best dosage to start off on? Has anyone gained weight on St. JOhns wort? I and many others have gained weight while on Zoloft. Has anyone else had this experience in Zoloft? I am treating moderate depression and anxiety, which are hormonal related do to a hysterectomy (of which I'm now also on naturla HRT> Guess, I just want to know what are the best quality brands out there and also, if anyone is taking HTP-5 with good results? Thanks, Pauline jdringer@ctaz.com
Pauline
lilybart

"Re(1):Brands and dosage that you're on?" , Mon 9 Apr 12:14 I used to take Zoloft, too. I did not have any of the side effects you mentioned. It actually worked very well for me. However, I started taking SJW, because I have found it to be just as effective, and it is MUCH cheaper! I have had no side effects since taking SJW. I would say that I was off of the Zoloft for a few weeks before starting SJW and noticed no overlap of the two drugs. I have also gained no weight, but I did not gain weight on Zoloft either. I actually am eating less, as I am less depressed. I am taking 300mg, 3 times per day. You will find that this is the recommended dose (look at med. websites for this info, to confirm). The brand I am taking is Nature's Bounty, which I bought at Tom Thumb grocery store. I was taking a brand called Nature's Fingerprints, which is available at GNC. These were 500mg capsules, which I took twice a day. I also read on a website to be certain your capsules contain only SJW and nothing else (such as kava kava, gingko, etc.). Both of these brands contain SJW only.