• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Umm...hey?

So, yeah....wow, I'm not sure what to put here...I guess I should start by saying that my name's Richie. I never really had severe depression, or anything, but for about two years, I've just felt...not right, if that makes any sense. I don't enjoy things as much as I used to, and I always feel kind of slowed down, like my mind's in a fog, or something. And I've always had a very low self-image, even before I started feeling this way. I decided I needed to do something after I went camping with some of my buddies, and I realized I didn't even care. Camping with my friends was always one of my most favorite things to do, and now, not only do I not enjoy it, I end up feeling sad and tired. So I started doing some research on different types of antidepressants, and none of them appealed to me. Too many side effects, and such. And then, while trying to find some natural remedies, I stumbled on SJW. I looked that up on google, and found this site. It seemed to be a much better alternative to the things my doctor could prescribe me, so I decided to give it a chance. I took my first dose today, so now I'm waiting to see how the whole fatigue thing affects me, and to see if I need to change when I take my doses. Hmm...I kind of rambled there, sorry.

JSD1844;6861 said:
So, yeah....wow, I'm not sure what to put here...I guess I should start by saying that my name's Richie. I never really had severe depression, or anything, but for about two years, I've just felt...not right, if that makes any sense. I don't enjoy things as much as I used to, and I always feel kind of slowed down, like my mind's in a fog, or something. And I've always had a very low self-image, even before I started feeling this way. I decided I needed to do something after I went camping with some of my buddies, and I realized I didn't even care. Camping with my friends was always one of my most favorite things to do, and now, not only do I not enjoy it, I end up feeling sad and tired. So I started doing some research on different types of antidepressants, and none of them appealed to me. Too many side effects, and such. And then, while trying to find some natural remedies, I stumbled on SJW. I looked that up on google, and found this site. It seemed to be a much better alternative to the things my doctor could prescribe me, so I decided to give it a chance. I took my first dose today, so now I'm waiting to see how the whole fatigue thing affects me, and to see if I need to change when I take my doses. Hmm...I kind of rambled there, sorry.
Hey JSD,

Don't worry about rambling.....you explained your situation really well.....and, for what it's worth, I think you've already taken a huge step in:

- identifing that you may have a depressive disorder - and
- deciding to do something positive about it...

I think SJW is probably the ideal treatment for the long-standing, low-grade depression that you describe. If you've read Kelly's intro in the 'information' pages then you should have all the info you need regarding best brands and dosages.

I can really identify with everyting you said in your post - and I hope that SJW helps you as much as it helped me.

Good luck,

Sheephead. :smile:

Hi and welcome Richie
I just wanted to say the first few days on SJW were tiring for me but it went away. There is lots of info in these boards, and you can tweak dosages and brands to what works for you.
Much much better than prescription ADs, in my opinion!
S.G.

DW23

ditto

JSD1844;6861 said:
\I never really had severe depression, or anything, but for about two years, I've just felt...not right, if that makes any sense. I don't enjoy things as much as I used to, and I always feel kind of slowed down, like my mind's in a fog, or something. And I've always had a very low self-image, even before I started feeling this way.\
I was kind of like you 10 years ago. I had a low self image, but I also would do very well at stuff too. I had some decent success in life but could never through on anything, like I didn't deserve much out of life. So I had to self-medicate, have major depressive episodes, suicidal issues, social alienation before I really got help. I had to hit my own rock bottom before I could open my eyes and see what was going on.

Sounds like you're smart enough to avoid bottoming out.
Good luck and look at other options too like Rohdelia Rosea, 5-htp, Sam-e....