• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

Kira Brand

I've heard some good things about this particular brand of sjw, i'm on the holland and barret stuff but considering trying something differant to see if its more effective.
Anyone had any experiance with Kira? Wheres the best place to buy?

thanks

Kcin578;11599 said:
Thanks.

Is this the best kind to take do you know? I've seen something similar on the boots website but its a bit more expensive.
http://www.boots.com/en/Kira-St-Johns-Wort-30-Tablets_555/
Kcin,

The two Kira products are identical. Boots sell 'UK-franchised' Kira, which is ludicrously expensive and marketed as a one-per-day tablet.

iherb.com sell the 'US-franchised' version of Kira. It is the identical 300mg tablet. However, it is a fraction of the price and carries the correct dosage instructions i.e. three-per-day. I'm afraid it's just another example of rip-off Britain. Even with a three-for-two offer at Boots it still works out considerably more expensive. International shipping from iherb to the UK is around $4.00 (roughly ?2.50) and it arrives in about ten days.

My advice would be to nip down to a branch of Boots and get your first pack of Kira there. If it works well and you decide to keep using it, buy it online from iherb at a fraction of the cost.

In answer to your question, Kira is one of the best brands of SJW and is probably the brand most used in scientific trials. Other brands which use a slighly different extraction / manufacture method and are worthy of consideration are Perika by Nature's Way and New Chapter SC27. Neither of these two brands are available on the UK high street but both are supplied by iherb. All these brands offer something a bit different to each other and are worth a try, but I would start with Kira and see how you get on.

Good luck!

Sheephead.

Miss M

sheephead;11600 said:
Kcin,

The two Kira products are identical. Boots sell 'UK-franchised' Kira, which is ludicrously expensive and marketed as a one-per-day tablet.

iherb.com sell the 'US-franchised' version of Kira. It is the identical 300mg tablet. However, it is a fraction of the price and carries the correct dosage instructions i.e. three-per-day. I'm afraid it's just another example of rip-off Britain. Even with a three-for-two offer at Boots it still works out considerably more expensive. International shipping from iherb to the UK is around $4.00 (roughly ?2.50) and it arrives in about ten days.

My advice would be to nip down to a branch of Boots and get your first pack of Kira there. If it works well and you decide to keep using it, buy it online from iherb at a fraction of the cost.

In answer to your question, Kira is one of the best brands of SJW and is probably the brand most used in scientific trials. Other brands which use a slighly different extraction / manufacture method and are worthy of consideration are Perika by Nature's Way and New Chapter SC27. Neither of these two brands are available on the UK high street but both are supplied by iherb. All these brands offer something a bit different to each other and are worth a try, but I would start with Kira and see how you get on.

Good luck!

Sheephead.
wow!! Thanks Sheephead really great advise for a newbie on the SJW scene like me :) :dance: Going to nip down to Boots to give Kira a try!! Thanks again :)

sheephead;11600 said:
Kcin,

Good luck!

Sheephead.
I've been taking the Kira brand since about 2002 on and off.
The longest I took it for was 2 years continuously - I took a break for about 2 years and took it again for about 5 months finishing that cycle back in March. I always get a good result - improved mood and a bit more zest for life.
In all that time I'd assumed that the one-a-day format was giving me the proper dosage:smile:
This UK branding is very confusing and thanks for confirming the extortionate pricing regime!
I've just ordered another batch from oneclickpharmacy.co.uk - I bought 3 packs of the 60 One-A-Day format at about ?20 per pack. They said they were in stock but it looks like I'm going to have to wait at least a week for them to be delivered.
Thanks for pointing out the iherb site - I'll definitely use this in the future.