• Dear Guest, if you are new here please "sign up" at the top if you'd like to post messages. And if you have used this forum before note we upgraded to new forum software and couldn't transfer the passwords. To get into your account, click on the "log in" button, then click on "Forgot your password?" and reset your password. All previous posts were safely transferred to the new system but custom avatars and private messages unfortunately didn't get moved over. The upside is a newer, simpler, friendly forum.

I'm going to shut down this site... :(

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly after 20+ years I think I'll need to shut down this site. Few people use the forum anymore and there's a constant barrage of spammers.

If anyone is interested in taking over the website and forum please email me. I'd like to hand it over to someone who truly cares about people and wants to further the many years of work that I've invested here. I guess the world (or at least the Internet) has changed enough that people don't need sites like mine anymore. When I started in 1997 there was hardly any information about St. John's Wort, but that's changed significantly since there.

Thank-you to everyone who has contributed over the years. You will be missed. I'll leave this message up for a few months in the hopes that I find someone to continue on with the site, and if not, everything will disappear. :(

Kelly

Hi there kelly.
I've just started using SJW and your site is a valuable resource,no matter how many members are active or not.I suggest you reconsider your stance on the matter and keep this forum alive.I hope it's not a moneywise matter that stands behind your train of thought.
Keep up the good work.
Regards

Last edited:

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. It's not a money issue at all, and not a technical issue either. I just want the forum to be used and be helpful to people out there. I can't reply to every message and it's tough to see people ask questions here and go for days, or weeks, or longer, without a response...

Although no one answered my post, the archive of posts here is incredible and encouraging. I still don't think that those living in the US have enough access to good info about SJW. Please preserve that, at least. I can see that the spam is bad on the main page, and not sure how to block it - can XenForo help?

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
I think I got most of the spam on the main page removed now - if you find more, just flag it and I'll keep deleting. And I upgraded to XenForo 2 this week to tighten the spam controls, there are 542 attempted spam messages in the queue that didn't make it to the forum. :)

Phew, nice! I'd consider taking over but I am spread a little thin at the moment - do let me know, though, before you decide to shut down if no one else offers.

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
I'll keep it going as long as there's interest, and ideally I can find someone to help run the site and keep it more active.

Your site has sorted me last week- I write this to encourage you; the archived forum posts were enlightening...briefly, I've used SJW for 3 years and found very useful, but have lost sexdrive over time and ED has driven me to despair over the last 6 months. I tried lots of herbals, but never researched SJW as a contributor. Found YOUR site and found at least two very significant discussions. I had trawled all over the web with no result. Those two postings gave me a thread of hope now I have a recipe for using SJW at a frequency that allows my wife and I to enjoy our bodies again!

The stored messages revealed that high doses of SJW can result in Erectile Dysfunction. Dropped for 3 days in favour of SAM-e 200mg twice a day = ED gone. Back on SJW the rest of the week.

Hi Kelly! I appreciate this site so much. I have been coming back for years to gather valuable info and to review. It has served me greatly and I hope you choose to keep it up. Much love.

I just started SJW, signed up for this forum and highly recommend your main site as well as this forum to anyone considering SJW and are having questions and needing valuable information. I read the postings and it seems like a lot of the members would like for this site to continue as it has become an important resource and will continue to be in the future.

I apologize coco31 but I don’t understand or speak French. I appreciate your response though. I wish I could understand what you posted.

kelly

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone for your nice words, I appreciate it. That's what I needed to hear too. Okay, you've got it, I'll keep it going.

And if anyone sees weird things on the forum like spam just hit the "Report" button on the bottom of that post, it flags it for me and sends me an email, making it easier to delete quickly.